Thursday, September 20, 2012

Paper Project

Bed:
When beginning to create the bed I knew that I did not want the bed to look new or perfect. I wanted it to look old and come across as if someone had been living in it their whole lives. When adding the color, I decided to use darker browns and greens. (These were the colors that I pictured while reading the story). I made the mattress and box spring and light shade of brown and I added some green streaks and lines to represent the slime that followed the bug.

Chest:
The chest is a simple rectangular box. It is also brown and has a tie closing. I got the feeling that in the story the family wasn't very wealthy and therefore wouldn't have fancy things.

Bug:
I represented the bug as being curled up in a ball. When I think of the bug I go back to the points in the story when he was hiding under the sheet. I Egan to add legs to it but then took them away because the just didn't seem to it well with my vision. The color of the bug is a "sickly" yellow/green color . I picked this color because I imagines a man with an illness, which in his case was becoming a bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment